Monday, January 28, 2008

What Can I Say?


What Can I Say?
Why do you love me?
Others, with faithfulness worn on their sleeve,
The reason you love them is easy to see.
But why lovest thou thee?
Maybe if I write and talk like a King
Thou wilt have reason to loveth me?
But failst thou daily do thee
Regal artistry fittest not me.

Why Lord do you stay?
Others, like the sunrise, exalt you each day
The reason you don’t leave? They show Your way
But why with me, Lord, do you stay?
Maybe if I give all I have away,
If I rise each morning needing but bread for the day,
I would boast of holiness my self to display
Yet your Word still would I fail to obey.

Why do you forgive me?
Others, in sackcloth repent to thee,
The reason you forgive them is easy to see
But why could you possibly forgive me?
Maybe if I confess for all to see,
If I weep, moan, and wail outwardly,
Ah... but lacking real sincerity
My life shows I’m not too sorry.

What can I possibly say?
You died for me before I even knew your way.
I fail you, yet you love me each day,
I stray from you, but with me you stay.
Your Amazing Grace is on display
You love me like I am, but won’t let me stay that way
How much gratitude, my words fail to say
How I Love You Lord... I love you more every day.

No comments: